Apprenticeship Manager (Operations)
Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for a driven and committed Apprenticeship Manager (Operations) to join their team in Poole. Joining on a full time, permanent basis you will receive a competitive salary of £32,402 with a performance related bonus up to £2,598
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 15% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
The Apprenticeship Manager (Operations) Role:
You will be joining a department that is well on the way to being rated as outstanding by Ofsted, having been rated a very strong good in the recent Ofsted inspection. Our apprenticeship recruitment has seen a 14% increase year on year since 2017 against a national trend of decline and our first cohorts going through End Point Assessment are all achieving high grades. This is a great time to be joining the Apprenticeships Directorate.
The Apprenticeship Manager (AMo) will be responsible for supporting the Director of Apprenticeships in the leading and managing of apprenticeship delivery, staff and resources within their area of responsibility. This will include the management of staff which will involve setting objectives, monitoring of performance and sickness absence and participating in the selection of staff and in the coaching and development of staff within their teams.
As our Apprenticeship Manager (Operations) you will:
- Have responsibility for specific apprenticeship frameworks/standards and their fulfilment
- Ensure that the delivery of teaching and learning is of the highest standard and responsive to the needs of the Apprentices, including, in particular:
- Establishing and maintaining high levels of professional conduct in the area of responsibility.
- Employer relationship management
- Ensuring that the targets for the improvement in quality of work based assessment for apprenticeships are achieved
- Managing and being accountable for sustained improvements in timely success rates
- Managing the Apprentice disciplinary process and conduct for apprenticeships
- Ensure the effective management of the apprentice review process
- Capitalise on links with employers and secure repeat business
- Supporting the delivery of sub contracted provision
The ideal Apprenticeship Manager (Operations) will need:
- Knowledge of apprenticeship policy
- Knowledge of issues relating to equal opportunities and cultural diversity
- Understanding of Management
- Experience of line managing teams
- Excellent organisational skills
- Creative thinker
- Good 1:1 and group communicator
- Full teaching qualification
- Assessor qualification
- IQA qualification
- Degree / Business Management qualification or suitable relevant industrial experience
Closing date: 21 July 2019
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Apprenticeship Manager (Operations) role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.