Carpentry & Joinery Instructor
Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for a Carpentry & Joinery Instructor to join their team. Initially this is a full time 6 month fixed term contract offering a competitive salary between £20,506 - £25,837 per annum, pro rata.
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
The Carpentry & Joinery Instructor Role:
You will deliver high quality and effective Carpentry and Joinery instructing to our students at Bournemouth and Poole College. This job role will mainly be based in a workshop environment within our purpose built facility at The Fulcrum Centre, near Tower Park. If successful you will become part of our experienced and professional team that teaches a range of ages and abilities to full time learners as well as apprentices.
As our Carpentry & Joinery Instructor you will:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of a range of educational programmes
- Contribute to high quality learning experiences using a variety of teaching and learning methods.
- Ensure that teaching is based on current best available practice and is consistent with a high standard of practice.
- Provide academic and pastoral support to students in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Create an outstanding student experience which leads to progression or employment.
- Manage student issues within agreed protocols.
- Participate in the College’s appraisal process and to undertake any training that may be appropriate.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equal opportunities throughout all The College’s activities.
The ideal Carpentry & Joinery Instructor will need:
- A knowledge of cut roofs, marking and setting out and calculation using trigonometry.
- Knowledge of current evidence-based practice in field(s) of expertise
- Knowledge of issues relating to equal opportunities and cultural diversity
- Knowledge of and commitment to Safeguarding Children and vulnerable adults legislation
- Experience of facilitating Assessment for students in Further Education or an appropriate workplace setting
- 5 years minimum industry experience in Carpentry and Joinery.
- The construction of cut roofs including valleys, hips, crop ends and roof development.
- NVQ level 2 or Advanced Craft in Carpentry & Joinery.
- Teaching qualification
Benefits will include:
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 after 5 years' service with the College
- Up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
Closing date: Sunday 7 July 2019
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Carpentry & Joinery Instructor role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.