Digital Engagement Officer
Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Engagement Officer to join their team on a full-time term time only basis. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £17,613 per annum pro-rata
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is education and transformation through skills and knowledge. We are proud to demonstrate high student achievement and our apprenticeship training ranks extremely highly - we are in the top 11 % of general FE colleges and top 6.5% overall including other providers for apprenticeship delivery.
About the role:
As our Digital Engagement Officer you will be the lead member of staff for our Student activities and ensure that there is appropriate support in place for students to participate. You will be responsible for the planning and promotion of all Students’ Union and Student Engagement activities and record and report on all Student Engagement activities.
Helping to organise and deliver engaging events for students and be a key member of staff for the Directorates social media channels and content. You will develop the new Student first website as a tool to engage students and Ensure that Student first is always up to date, current and engaging for our students.
You will also create engaging media content including videos, podcasts and website content to engage students and engaging promotional material to engage students in activities and other events led by the Student Engagement Team.
Responsibilities as our Digital Engagement Officer:
- Work closely with the Student Engagement Coordinator to ensure that there are robust Student Activities and strategies to engage all students
- Be responsible for the planning and promotion of all Students’ Union activities and events
- Ensure that all students are able to participate in all activities organised by the student engagement team and effectively record attendance and impact of activities.
- Be the lead member of staff responsible for Social Responsibility Days, Volunteering week and the associated administration
- Be key member of staff for the promotion of TOTUM discount cards, to all students and staff
- Further develop and create a robust Opportunities programme for students.
- Engage students through the creation of podcasts, video content, and any other multimedia platform.
- Create and publish engaging and creative content for the department’s social media channels.
- Lead on with the Student Engagement Coordinator to further develop the new Studentfirst website
- Be the lead staff member responsible for keeping student first website up to date, relevant, engaging
- Work with the Student Engagement Officer and be a key member of staff for volunteering opportunities offered by BPCSU.
- Be a lead member of staff for the Unions green agenda program and its outcomes
As our Digital Engagement Officer, you’ll ideally have:
- Ability to relate to and motivate young people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse educational experiences
- Have a clear understanding on how outstanding Student Engagement can be achieved.
- Experience of leading a project with staff and students.
- Experience of working as an effective member of a team.
- General administration experience to a high standard.
- Highly developed communication skills both on an individual basis and in group settings.
- Use of Digital design software to create marketing material
- Use of video editing software
- Relevant qualification at level 3 or above
- Level 2 in English and Maths
As a member of support staff at Bournemouth & Poole College you can expect to receive a market rate salary and excellent benefits including:
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 after 5 years' service with the College
- Up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
Closing Date: 31 October 2021
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Digital Engagement Officer role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.