EFL Teacher (Summer School)
Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer in English as a Foreign Language (Summer School) to join their team in Lansdowne. This is a part time role as part of a summer fixed term contract (paid to claim) offering a competitive salary of £18.75 per hour.
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
The Lecturer in English as a Foreign Language Role:
The purpose of this post is to deliver high quality and effective teaching and learning (in English as a Foreign language) to students to a third party.
As our Lecturer in English as a Foreign Language you will:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of a range of educational programmes
- Contribute to high quality learning experiences using a variety of teaching and learning methods.
- Ensure that teaching is based on current best available practice and is consistent with a high standard of practice.
- Assess students before and during their course to ensure teaching and learning is at an appropriate level.
- Provide academic and pastoral support to students in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Create an outstanding student experience which leads to progression.
- Manage student issues within agreed protocols.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties
- Participate in the College’s appraisal process
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equal opportunities throughout all The College’s activities
The ideal Lecturer in English as a Foreign Language will need:
- Knowledge of current evidence-based practice in field(s) of expertise.
- Knowledge of issues relating to equal opportunities and cultural diversity.
- Knowledge of and commitment to Safeguarding Children and vulnerable adults legislation
- Some experience of facilitating learning for students in Further or Higher Education
- Excellent organisational skills
- Focused on team working
- Flexible and adaptable attitude to working with students of all ages
- Good communication skills
- Proven ability to plan and organise own workload
- Good classroom management.
- CELTA / TEFL qualification
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Lecturer in English as a Foreign Language role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.