In Work Support Consultant
Do you have excellent communication, customer service and administration skills?
Are you a positive thinker, with a natural ability to build professional relationships and able to bring innovative ideas to the role?
If so, Bournemouth and Poole College are looking for an In Work Support Consultant to join their Work Support Services Team and help our customers to sustain employment on our Welfare to Work programmes. We are looking for someone who has a dynamic and innovative approach, someone who has a can-do attitude and a passion for forming positive and productive relationships. If you have excellent communication skills and are looking to make a difference, please apply for this In Work Support Consultant role today.
The Work Support Services department helps people back into work through a team of staff within The College and a number of sub-contractors managed throughout Dorset and South Somerset. There are close relationships with the prime contractor Working Links, Jobcentre Plus and a wide range of other organisations and employers.
The main responsibility of this role is to work with a range of customers on various Welfare to Work contracts, ensuring quality of service, performance targets and contractual compliance are met.
The successful candidate will work with customers and employers to ensure sustained employment is achieved and will gain job outcomes for the programmes in line with targets. You will need to demonstrate excellent administration and communication skills, as well as use a CRM. Additionally, you will have the responsibility to maintain customer confidentiality at all times, in line with agreed protocols and undertake such training deemed necessary to maintain CPD.
The right candidate should have:
- Knowledge of the customer group and common barriers to sustaining employment which customers may face
- Experience of building and maintaining effective relationships and networks
- Experience of working in a target driven environment
- Confidence, professionalism and good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly, including one evening per week (up to 7pm)
- Willingness and ability to travel across Dorset
Key responsibilities, skills and attitudes
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintaining a caseload of customers who are in work ensuring they are supported to maintain sustainable employment
- Supporting the team to achieve Job Outcome and Sustainment targets
- Visiting employer premises to collect employer verification templates and employment evidence relating to claims
- Supporting, inspiring and motivating customers to achieve their full potential and maintain sustainable employment
If you feel you have what it takes for this In Work Support Consultant opportunity, then please click apply and complete our online application process via the careers page.
Please be aware that we only accept fully completed applications, therefore please take the time to complete our application process.
The closing date is 24th October 2017 for all applications, with interviews taking place on 13 November 2017.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.