Lecturer - Health (FD Nursing Associate)
Are you a Qualified Nurse with a valid NMC registration?
Do you have experience teaching, facilitating learning and assessing students within a health / social care setting?
Are you looking to secure a lecturer position on the South Coast, working for one of the leading further education providers?
If so, Bournemouth and Poole College are looking for a lecturer in Health to join the team at their North Road campus. As part of the Applied Science and Care team, you will deliver effective and high-quality teaching to students at the College, and support the students working towards their Nursing Associate Qualification. We are looking for a strong team player, who has a dynamic and innovative approach, a passion for building excellent working relationships and an adaptable attitude to working with students of all ages.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and knowledge to join this team, then please apply today!
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
Bournemouth & Poole are looking for someone to deliver high quality and effective teaching to the students within our Applied Science and Care department. As a Lecturer in Health, you will be responsible for preparing schemes of work, lesson plans and learning materials and using these to ensure the continual development of students. You will also prepare and mark students assessments, provide personal tutoring to the students and prepare reports on students’ progress. Other duties include: providing educational guidance and counselling, representing the College at internal and external events, meetings and open evenings, participating in curriculum development activities, undertaking training where appropriate and ensuring the health and safety of others, creating an enjoyable learning environment for the students.
Key knowledge, skills and experience required
- Teaching / assessing experience within Health and Social Care
- Qualified Nurse with a valid NMC registration
- Teaching Qualification with proven teaching skills at levels between 2-5 (FE)
- Experience mentoring and supervising students and facilitating their learning within a Further / Higher Education (or appropriate workplace) setting
- Ability to plan and organise own workload
- A flexible and adaptable approach to working with students of all ages
- Ability to cope positively with change
- A focus on team working, with excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of and commitment to Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Legislation
- Willingness to take part in open evenings, employer liaison and careers events
If you feel you have what it takes for this Lecturer in Health (FD Nursing Associate) role, then please click apply and complete our application process through the college careers page.
Please be aware we only accept fully completed applications, therefore please take the time to complete our application form.
The closing date for this role is Sunday 31 March 2019 and interviews will be held shortly after this date.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
As a member of the teaching team at Bournemouth & Poole College you can expect to receive a market rate salary and excellent benefits including:
- 38 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrollment into the Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent support and career development with the help of our senior practitioners and Quality department