Lecturer of Art and Design
Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for a driven and committed Lecturer in Art and Design to join their team in Poole. You will be joining on a full time, permanent basis, working 37 hours per week. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £21,610 to £34,515 per annum DOE.
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
The Art and Design Department is an exciting vibrant area of the college. The curriculum is a balanced and broad one and encompasses all aspects of the Visual Arts including: Fashion and Textiles, Painting, Drawing, Print, Photography and Graphics.
The Lecturer in Art and Design role:
The purpose of this post is to deliver high quality and effective teaching and learning to Bournemouth and Poole College students. The post holder will have the highest expectations of themselves, for their peers and all students. Specialist knowledge of photography, graphic and film would be an advantage.
As our Lecturer in Art and Design you will:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of a range of educational programmes including identifying learning objectives; determining, designing and producing study material; planning course/study programme delivery.
- Contribute to high quality learning experiences using a variety of teaching and learning methods.
- Ensure that teaching is based on current best available practice and is consistent with a high standard of practice.
- Provide academic and pastoral support to students in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Create an outstanding student experience, which leads to progression or employment.
- Manage student issues within agreed protocols.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as the line manager may require from time to time and review this Job Description annually with the line manager.
- Participate in the College’s appraisal process and to undertake any training that may be appropriate.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equal opportunities throughout all The College’s activities.
The ideal Lecturer in Art and Design will need:
- Knowledge of current evidence-based practice in field(s) of expertise.
- Knowledge of issues relating to equal opportunities and cultural diversity.
- Knowledge of and commitment to Safeguarding Children and vulnerable adults legislation.
- Some experience of facilitating learning for students in Further or Higher Education or an appropriate workplace setting, for example school.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude to working with students of all ages.
- Proven ability to plan and organise own workload.
- Ability to access and use relevant sources of research evidence.
- Graduate in relevant subject area
- Teaching Qualification
As a member of the teaching team at Bournemouth & Poole College you can expect to receive a market rate salary and excellent benefits including:
- 38 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent support and career development with the help of our senior practitioners and Quality department
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Lecturer in Art and Design role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.