Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for a Specialist Practitioner/Assessor to join their team. This is a part time roleoffering a competitive salary of £34,173 pro rata.
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
The Specialist Practitioner/Assessor Role:
The Specialist Practitioner supports, teaches and identifies needs of learners across the College on all programmes, including Higher Education. They provide 1-1 and small group support for all SEND students, particularly those within their specialism; work closely with a caseload area providing training, advice and support to teaching teams in implementing reasonable adjustments in order to increase the independence of learners.
As our Specialist Practitioner/Assessor you will:
- Contribute in a positive and supportive manner to the development of responsive, effective Learning Support Teams.
- Provide support and guidance, both through pre entry and on course interviews to students
- Offer advice to staff, students, parents and external agencies on the Learning Support team’s services
- Have a full understanding of all relevant and up to date legislation
- Liaise with external agencies as required
- Carry out assessments of specific learning needs to inform exam access arrangements for students on programmes across The College
- Assist the Exam Arrangements Advisors in ensuring quality standards/regulations are met.
- Liaise regularly with other Assessors for Exam Access Arrangements in moderating assessments
- Work closely with the Learning Support Manager in identifying learners for assessments and planning assessments
- Keep up-to-date with current developments, funding requirements and JCQ guidance
The ideal Specialist Practitioner/Assessor will need:
- Knowledge of learning difficulties and disabilities and an in depth understanding of the effects on learning.
- Knowledge of assessment principles and practices.
- Knowledge of JCQ regulations
- Demonstrate evidence of substantial practice in working with students who have learning difficulties and disabilities
- Current experience of assessing learners with SEN
- Excellent teaching skills
- At least two years teaching experience
- L5/7 qualification in teaching and assessing for Exam Access Arrangements e.g. AMBDA/PAPAA
- English and mathematics at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
- Up to date Assessment Practicing Certificate
- Teaching Qualification
Benefits will include:
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 after 5 years' service with the College
- up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
Closing date: 11 August 2019
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Specialist Practitioner/Assessor role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.