Speech & Language Therapist
Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for a Speech & Language Therapist to join their team. This is a part time role, term time only offering a competitive salary of £27,550 pro rata.
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
The Speech & Language Therapist Role:
You will deliver a comprehensive, innovative and dynamic speech and language therapy service that meets the needs of students across the college. Promoting and developing expertise of all staff within the college through training, staff guidance and modelling for class-led therapy programmes.
You will provide support the development of a Total Communication environment across college and provide guidance to SLT and governors on communication best practice.
As our Speech & Language Therapist you will:
- Contribute in a positive and supportive manner to the development of a highly effective and responsive support team
- Provide high quality therapeutic input to young people and adults with communication difficulties, through initial assessments, annual reviews, transition support, individual and group therapy programmes
- Independently manage and prioritise the service for a defined caseload of students
- Provide therapeutic and clinical input to consultation responses for relevant students
- Liaise with professionals and relatives to ensure best practice in co-production of support plans and service
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues to support complex needs, using multi-disciplinary approach
- Provide professional advice in line with clinical guidelines and with due regard for evidence-based practice
- Maintain continuous professional development to support best practice
- Contribute to and deliver staff training (including induction training and workshops)
- Liaise with local SALT networks to maximise use of relevant professional networks, resources and training
- Manage clinical risk within the SALT caseload and generate strategies for management and prioritisation
- Ensure smooth integration of the SALT service with all other support services
- Ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the SALT service as a resource, thinking and acting commercially to ensure maximum impact
The ideal Speech & Language Therapist will need:
- Knowledge of specific learning difficulties and disabilities
- Specialist knowledge of a range of relevant therapeutic interventions and assessment tools relevant to cohort of post-16 and adult students
- Ability to translate policies and research into practice
- Flexible approach to service design, policy development and delivery
- Ability to set SMART targets and effectively measure therapeutic outcomes
- Substantial experience in working with students who have learning difficulties and disabilities
- Recognised Speech and Language Therapy degree
- To be a registered member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT)
- To be a registered member of the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
Benefits will include:
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 after 5 years' service with the College
- up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
Closing date: 21 June 2020
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Speech & Language Therapist role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.