Student Engagement Officer
Are you an effective communicator with experience working with and supporting students, teachers and staff?
Do you have a clear understanding on how outstanding Student Engagement can be achieved?
Would you like to motivate and contribute to student’s development within an award-winning college?
If so, Bournemouth & Poole College would like to hear from you. We are looking for a Student Engagement Officer to join our dedicated Student Support department, working across multiple sites. As a Student Support Engagement Officer you will be responsible for promoting and developing student engagement initiatives working closely with students and staff to ensure that the college fully supports, motivates and inspires students to achieve.
This is a great opportunity and an exciting time to be joining Bournemouth & Poole’s Student Support team, being on a clear path to become an outstanding service for our students by 2020!
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
As a Student Engagement Officer for Bournemouth & Poole College you will be part of the dedicated Student Support team within the Student Experience Directorate helping to support all aspects of the student’s journey whilst studying at the college, to ensure their development is being facilitated and enhanced. You will promote and develop Student Voice at The College through working closely with the Student Engagement Coordinator ensuring all appropriate systems and strategies to engage students are in place. Additionally, you will be responsible for the provision of appropriate training of staff and students, acting as the link between these members of staff and our Student Voice Teams.
Other duties include:
- Plan and promote Students’ Union and Student Engagement activities
- Attend and supervise Students’ Union Trips and activities (these may fall outside of normal working hours therefore flexibility in terms of working hours is required)
- Achievement of equal opportunities throughout the college’s activities
- Attend and support College events and appraisal process
- Act as the lead member of staff for the promotion of discount cards, ensuring appropriate income targets for the distribution of them is met
- Run fair elections in line with Constitution guidelines
- Assist with the training and support of Student Executive members development
- Organise meetings between sites and complete admin duties related to these
- Be based within social spaces of the Students’ Union and ensure all aspects of Health and Safety and behaviour are maintained at all times
Key knowledge, skills and experience required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Focused and proactive individual
- Experience of leading a project with staff and students
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative and unsupervised
- General administration skills to a high standard
- Ability to relate and motivate young people from diverse backgrounds and educational experiences
- Proficient IT user
- Relevant qualification at level 3 or above in working with young people
- Flexible and approachable attitude
- Knowledge or experience of working for an FE college or Student’s Union (desirable)
If you feel you have what it takes for this Student Engagement Officer, then please click apply and complete our application process through the college careers page.
Please be aware we only accept fully completed applications, therefore please take the time to complete our application form.
The closing date for this vacancy is 22 April 2019 and interviews will be held 9 May 2019 at our Lansdowne Campus.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
As a member of support staff at Bournemouth & Poole College you can expect to receive a market rate salary and excellent benefits including:
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 after 5 years' service with the College
- up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme