Work Placement Officer (WPO)
Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for a driven and committed Work Placement Officer to join their team. Joining on a full time, permanent basis you will receive a competitive salary of £17,941 - £19,978 per annum. We have 2 positions available one in North Road and one at Lansdowne Campus.
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
The Work Placement Officer role:
Based within curriculum Directorates (Creative Industries, Service Industries, Business, Digital & Leadership, Construction & Foundation Learning, Engineering & Advanced Manufacturing & Sixth Form, Public Services, Sport & ESOL), the Work Placement Officer roles are to support the college to build-up our capacity and capability to deliver substantive work placements from the 2019-2020 academic year. These are key roles which will help prepare young people for skilled work.
As our Work Placement Officer you will be responsible for:
- Sourcing, preparing and placing students on work placements and work related learning for all full-time students on Study Programmes.
- Preparing Level 2 and Level 3 students for a minimum of 45 days’ work placement alongside setting up and monitoring basic work placements of 30 or 60 hours for Level 1, 2 and 3.
- Building strong relationships with employer to explore opportunities for student work placements and liaise on candidate suitability, plan and carry out visits to students on work placement and evaluate work placement impact on student learning, progress and destination.
The Work Placement Officer will work with the BASE team, personal tutors, Directors and other cross college departments to deliver high levels of student satisfaction, success and progression.
The ideal Work Placement Officer will need:
- Knowledge of the kind of skills and personal qualities needed by students for the employment sector/organisations for which they are being prepared.
- Experience of working with students and an understanding of how to integrate vocational practice and academic study.
- Skills in assessing the progress of students
- Ability to work cross organisation at multiple levels
- O Level/GCSE (or equivalent) English and Mathematics qualifications at Grade 4/C or higher
- Level 2 in Safeguarding (or commitment to complete Level 2 prior to commencing employment)
Closing date: 21 July 2019
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Work Placement Officer role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.