Administrator Apprentice Role
Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for an Administrator Apprentice to join their team in Poole. You will be joining on a full time, permanent basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £8,008.53 per annum.
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
The Administrator Apprentice Role:
This post is to provide support and assistance to the Curriculum Admin team by providing a Reception service in the office and ensuring that an efficient and effective service is provided to all customers (internal and external).
As our Administrator Apprentice you will:
- To assist with the provision of a front of house reception service.
- To undertake a range of basic administrative duties in accordance with College procedures.
- Greet visitors (staff, students and members of the general public) coming to the office.
- Respond to basic enquiries in a timely and courteous manner.
- Provide assistance and information to visitors and telephone callers as required (e.g. giving directions, providing timetables, course information, etc.)
- Ensure that the Reception area is kept to a high standard, tidy and free from obstructions.
- Ensure that current information leaflets and prospectus’ are available for customers.
- Data process, including inputting data on to computerised databases and assist with keeping this up to date.
- Handle correspondence in both hard copy and electronically.
- File, scan and keep records as required.
- Assist with the inputting of enquiry data into an appropriate College database.
The ideal Administrator Apprentice will need:
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Experience of working in a Customer Services/Administration environment
- Experience of using MS Office package especially Word and Excel
- A pleasant telephone manner with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Ability to maintain a consistent standard of reliability and time keeping
- Ability to follow instructions/guidelines provided
- Confident with a positive attitude
- Able to work and be professional when working amongst peers
- A strong commitment toward successfully completing the Apprenticeship qualification in Customer Service/ Business Administration
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs at Grade C or above to include English & Maths
As a member of support staff at Bournemouth & Poole College you can expect to receive excellent benefits including:
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 after 5 years' service with the College
- up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Administrator Apprentice role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.