Customer Services - Apprenticeship
Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Services - Apprentice to join their team in Poole. You will be joining on a full time, fixed term basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £8,008.53 - £14,854 per annum depending on age.
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
The Customer Services - Apprentice role:
The Customer Services team provides a friendly, welcoming and effective front of house service both at Reception and on the Helpline dealing with enquiries from customers, students and colleagues.
This is a proactive, fast paced role within a busy environment which offers lots of variety and customer contact.
As our Customer Services - Apprentice you will:
- Greet and sign in visitors arriving at the Main Reception
- Helping students, staff and customers with questions and directions around site
- Support the processing of petty cash, daily payments and end of day cash up
- Process parking permit applications, issuing staff and student ID badges
- Dealing with our Online Store processes and payments
- Be the first point of contact for incoming telephone calls, answering queries and providing information, advice and guidance
- Maintain an up-to-date directory of useful information
- Contacting customers to follow up on enquiries
- Using reports from College systems to send mailshots to promote events and ‘keep warm’ enquirers
- Front of House point of contact for student fee queries
- Contacting parents and students regarding outstanding fees
- Liaising with internal and third party organisations and updating internal and external portals
- Using excel and database reports to sort data and collate mailing lists
The ideal Customer Services - Apprentice will need:
- Good command of the English language and grammar
- Experience of working in an office environment in a customer facing role
- Experience of delivering high levels of customer service
- Excellent administration skills
- Good customer service skills (face to face, email and phone)
- Ability to maintain complex records with good attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Competent use of Microsoft Word and Excel software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good communication skills
- Appropriate qualification to level 2/3 standard
- GCSE Maths & English A-C or equivalent
As a member of support staff at Bournemouth & Poole College you can expect to receive excellent benefits including:
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Customer Services - Apprentice role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.