IT & Digital Assessor/Trainer
Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for a driven and committed IT/Digital Assessor to join their team in Bournemouth. Joining on a full time, permanent basis you will receive a competitive salary of £21,829 - £24,035 per annum plus market supplement of up to £10,965 per annum.
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 15% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
The IT/Digital Assessor Role:
This exciting role is one developing the next generation of IT and Digital talent in and around Dorset. You will be assessing, coaching and mentoring apprentices as they start their careers, passing on your skills and knowledge and helping them make rapid progress in their workplace. Our Apprenticeship provision is in the top 15% in the country and we need someone who has the right attitude and temperament to help us to the top 5%.
You will manage, review, assess and train a caseload of apprentices who are based in the workplace taking responsibility for their success or failure This will include preparing apprentices for end-point-assessment (EPA).
As our IT/Digital Assessor you will:
- Assess learners’ progress and maintain records of assessments of learning carried out.
- Support employers in the correct choice of framework/standard and develop a learning and development plan for their apprentices
- Create a training plan for employers using frameworks/standards
- Carry out initial assessment of apprentices and design a learning and development package to meet their needs.
The ideal IT/Digital Assessor will need some but not all of the skills below:
- Evidence of up to date knowledge and practice in IT and/or Digital
- Working knowledge and extensive vocational experience of It and Software Systems
- To be responsive to legislative changes in the IT and digital sectors
- TCP/IP Knowledge
- OSI Model Knowledge
- Network Cabling Knowledge
- To be able to assess, build and configure a LAN network
- To be able to set up Client/Server environment.
- Installing and configuring software
- An understanding of IT Security
- Relevant Industry Qualifications
- Social media expertise
- Understanding of coding
As a member of support staff at Bournemouth & Poole College you can expect to receive a market rate salary and excellent benefits including:
26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 after 5 years' service with the College
up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
Cycle to Work scheme
Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
Closing date: 21 July 2019
If you feel you are the right candidate for this IT/Digital Assessor role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.