Lecturer in Electrical
Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for a driven and committed Lecturer in Electrical to join their team in Poole. Joining on a full time, permanent basis you will receive a competitive salary of £34,500 per annum.
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
The Lecturer in Electrical Role:
You will be responsible for delivering high quality and effective teaching and learning of Electrotechnical studies to Bournemouth and Poole College students. You will also act as a personal tutor to students.
As our Lecturer in Electrical you will:
- Scheduled teaching, student assignments and tutorials
- Distance learning support for groups of students
- Employer and workplace/work placement visits
- Educational guidance and counselling
- Supervision of learning programmes
- Personal tutoring e.g., the carrying out of individual reviews with students, the delivery of group and individual tutorials, workshops (including “Pass-in-Class”). This may be delivered in person or through distance learning
- Support activities as appropriate within the Learning Resource Centres
- Support activities relating to employability, work experience, volunteering
- Support community/personal enrichment activities (including trips related to learning)
The ideal Lecturer in Electrical will need:
- Detailed knowledge of the electrical industry with a minimum of three years current industrial experience
- Knowledge base to cover, domestic, industrial and commercial electrical installations
- Working within the industry for a minimum of three years
- You MUST hold a full Electrotechnical Qualification including NVQ or hold a current JIB Approved Electrician card.
- Level 3 Electro Technical (Building and Structures) *
- 2356 NVQ Level 3 Electro Technical *
- 2382 18th Edition*
Closing date: 22 July 2019.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Lecturer in Electrical role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
As a member of the teaching team at Bournemouth & Poole College you can expect to receive a market rate salary and excellent benefits including:
- 38 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrollment into the Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent support and career development with the help of our senior practitioners and Quality department