Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for Three driven and committed Security Officer to join their team. You will be joining on a full time, permanent basis. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £17,362.62 per annum (Inclusive of shift allowance £19,849).
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is education and transformation through skills and knowledge. We are proud to demonstrate high student achievement and our apprenticeship training ranks extremely highly - we are in the top 11 % of general FE colleges and top 6.5% overall including other providers for apprenticeship delivery.
The Security Officer Role:
You will provide a safe & secure environment for staff and students and other duties which include securing all exits, doors and windows after end of shift. No SIA license is required for this role
Responsibilities and duties as our Security Officer will include:
- Responsible for unlocking and locking all college sites across the catchment area as your shift dictates.
- Unlocking of rooms on request.
- Operation of Intruder & Fire alarm systems and out of hours activities
- Room set up requests as required which may include the removal/replacement of broken furniture
- Provide cover for College lettings as required or out of hours work as per contractual agreement.
- Grounds duty which may include assisting with clearing & gritting pathways in inclement weather i.e snow/ice.
- You will be required to work a two or three shift pattern (at all college sites as required sometimes at short notice)
- This will include the locking/unlocking/securing of all College buildings which may include closing of windows at the end of the shift.
- Flexibility i.e. where there is a need at short notice (sickness/staff holiday cover etc) there may be a requirement for a change of shifts or work split shifts or change sites to provide cover on any College site throughout the catchment area.
- To report any defects and repairs to the estates department via the helpdesk.
- Movement of money, cash within and across College sites.
- You will be required where there is a need to operate a daily courier service between the college sites, driving the allocated vehicle, in line with the agreed schedule. This will include collection, delivery and main site sorting of mail (NR & Lans only), parcels and small items of furniture which will include collection, loading, unloading and delivery direct to location. This may include relocation of printed matter and the collection / delivery of money as required.
The ideal Security Officer will need:
- Knowledge of security operations and procedures desirable but not essential
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Computer literate
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to use initiative
- Work as a lone worker when required
- Good Communication Skills
- Ability to show Integrity
- Physical Fitness.to be able to undertake any physical activities required of the role
- Manual Handling qualification – or willing to undertake the course
- First Aid qualification– or a willingness to undertake the course
- Full manual driving license
- Flexible to cover security shifts on both main sites of NR & Lansdowne as required
Benefits will include:
As a member of support staff at Bournemouth & Poole College you can expect to receive a market rate salary and excellent benefits including:
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 after 5 years' service with the College
- Up to 4 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
Closing date for Security Officer applications: 22/10/2021
Please note, this job avert may close early if sufficient applications have been received.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Security Officer role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.